About Properties West

My photo
San Pedro, CA, United States
At Properties West our team of professionals realizes that just as every property is unique so is the objective of every owner. Since our inception in 1981, we have been an industry leader in the management of residential homes, apartment buildings and condominiums. Please take a moment to review the time and money saving services we offer which provide the utmost in property management.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Q & A with Prop West

Q) I own two adjoining lots. On one lot I have two buildings, each with nine units. On my other lot, I have a 16 unit building. I have a resident manager in the 16 unit building and this manager is perfectly capable of managing all the units. Would this be in accordance with the law?

A) Under California law you must have a resident manager if 16 or more units are on a lot. The fact that your two lots are adjoining is not relevant. The law would require that you have a resident manager on both lots.

(Taken from Apartment Owners Association News; March 2009)

No comments: