About Properties West

My photo
San Pedro, CA, United States
At Properties West our team of professionals realizes that just as every property is unique so is the objective of every owner. Since our inception in 1981, we have been an industry leader in the management of residential homes, apartment buildings and condominiums. Please take a moment to review the time and money saving services we offer which provide the utmost in property management.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Q and A with Prop West

Q) After my tenant turned in a 30-day notice to vacant he informed me that he will be using his deposit as the last month's rent. I don't want him to do this since I know he will be responsible for some repairs that will need to be done and his deposit will not cover the last month's rent and the repairs. What can I do?

A) Since the security deposit will accounted for after the tenant moves out the tenant has not right to tell you what you do with the deposit. You can serve the tenant with a 3-day notice to pay or quit and if the tenant doesn't pay then you are able to begin eviction.

No comments: