About Properties West

My photo
San Pedro, CA, United States
At Properties West our team of professionals realizes that just as every property is unique so is the objective of every owner. Since our inception in 1981, we have been an industry leader in the management of residential homes, apartment buildings and condominiums. Please take a moment to review the time and money saving services we offer which provide the utmost in property management.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Q and A with Prop West

Q) My tenant has changed the locks without my permission and is refusing to give me a copy of the new key. What should I do?

A) First, read the rental agreement. Most state that the tenant cannot make alterations to the unit without the owner's permission. If your agreement states this then you can serve a 3-day notice to give you a copy of the new key. If they do not respond to the 3-day notice then you can begin eviction.

No comments: